Sunday 15 November 2020

Persian

 Introducing Persian - the very first kitty I rescued. Here is a photo from 2009 of me and Persian (she's a chocolate point Siamese cat who I called Persian because I was confused (I was 10! lol)).

I rescued her when I was about 10 or 11. I was walking down my street with my friend and little sister, when I heard a very audible meowing. I found this kitty meowing her heart out at a door, so I did the only sensible thing (what I thought was sensible at the time - oh the innocence of a child!) and picked her up and knocked on the door. When a man answered, I asked; "Is this your kitty? She wants in." to which he so delicately responded; "It belonged to the people who lived here before and if she doesn't go away soon, I'll shoot her!" (or some variation of those words - this was back in 2000/2001 ish era so forgive me if it isn't exact) Well, I was astonished at his brashness and horrified, to say the least! I grasped the kitty tighter to my chest and departed from his driveway. I walked home (like four doors down) and hide her in my basement, which my little sister and I managed to do for about 4 days until my dad on the fifth day in the living said; "Do you hear meows? I hear something meowing." I denied it of course but he was certain and when he discovered her in the basement he laughed because for a minute, he thought he was going crazy! 😆 

In the end, he let us keep her! She likes to meow (obviously why the man wanted her to departed but come on, she just wanted love!). She loooooves being pet, she will literally paw you to death in order to get her pets (and the pawing doesn't stop once she gets what she wants!)


In the photo above, I blurred my younger sister's (my partner in crime) face out of respect as she probably doesn't know I've posted this photo on my blog lol.


Persian was my second childhood kitty, right after my first ever kitty Mittens (who will make an appearance in the next post!), and my first ever rescue! This is where it all started! I love her so much, she is such a blessing, an amazingly loving cat, always with a song to sing! ❤

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment